These bite sized caramels are perfect when you just want something to take the edge off your sweet tooth. Stored in the freezer, they’ll last quite a while.
Write a review
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pecans, optional, for garnish
- Soak the dates in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, oil, vanilla and salt and process until smooth.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture in an even layer.
- Freeze for several hours until solid and cut into squares, garnishing with pecans if desired.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 8.6g
- Total Carbohydrates 17.2g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g
- Sugars 14.4g
- Protein 0.4g