Salted Caramel Apples
For a sweet and salty snack you can feel good about, these Paleo approved caramel apple slices are seriously good. Instead of coating the outside of the apple like traditional caramel apples, we just sliced the apple and spread the slices on for easy eating. A sprinkling of coarse salt and some chopped nuts make it extra indulgent.
Write a review
- 1 14.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large apples, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Coarse sea salt
- Put the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and maple syrup in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla, and stir.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Spread the caramel sauce on the apple slices, and sprinkle with the chopped pecans and sea salt.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 324
- Total Fat 15.1g
- Total Carbohydrates 48.4g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g
- Sugars 42.2g
- Protein 1.3g