Cake Batter Ice Cream
Ice cream is hard to give up when you change your diet, but this recipe proves that you don’t have to. You don’t need an ice cream maker or special salts to make this, only a few bananas, and some flavorings. Instead of sugary sprinkles, sliced almonds add a nice, healthy crunch. Note: This is best made right before serving; simply keep the bananas in the freezer and process when ready to serve.
Write a review
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- Lay bananas in a single layer on a sheet pan and freeze until frozen solid, at least 4 hours.
- When bananas are frozen, transfer to a food processor and add the extracts.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the ice cream to serving bowls and sprinkle with the almonds.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 261
- Total Fat 12.3g
- Total Carbohydrates 36.3g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5g
- Sugars 17.8g
- Protein 6.5g