Three Ingredient Tomato Sauce
Steer clear of jarred sauces that are full of sugar, and try this super easy, super delicious tomato sauce that doesn’t take all day to cook. Eat it on zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash for a healthy spaghetti dinner. Note: Make sure to use whole tomatoes in this sauce; diced or otherwise processed will not break down to a velvety luxurious sauce the way whole tomatoes do.
Write a review
- 2 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, left whole
- Put all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until tomatoes break down. Remove the onion pieces if desired.
- For a smoother sauce, puree in a blender to desired texture.
- One cup is a serving
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Serves 6 (1 cup each)
- Calories 70
- Total Fat 2.9g
- Total Carbohydrates 10.8g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g
- Sugars 7.2g
- Protein 2.4g