Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
If you’re looking for a crunchy snack with a lot of flavor, these homemade chips fit the bill. Dusted with coconut sugar and cayenne, they are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Use a mandolin slicer to get thin, evenly sliced chips.
Write a review
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible using a mandolin slicer.
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottomed skillet until shimmering.
- Add the sweet potato slices to the skillet and cook until lightly browned, flipping to cook both sides. Immediately remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, cayenne, and a pinch of salt. Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 144
- Total Fat 13.7g
- Total Carbohydrates 6.0g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g
- Sugars 1.9g
- Protein 0.6g