Southwest Cauliflower Casserole
Ground turkey and charred vegetables are combined in this spicy, vegetable casserole. It’s easy to put together, filling, and perfect for a weeknight meal when you’re looking for something a little different.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and thinly sliced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the turkey and seasonings.
- Cook until no longer pink, stir in the tomato paste, and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and add the peppers and onions. Cook until soft, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread these evenly over the turkey in the casserole dish.
- Drizzle the stock over top and layer the thinly sliced cauliflower evenly over top.
- Brush the cauliflower with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes; uncover and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes until cauliflower is well browned.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 318
- Total Fat 19.8g
- Total Carbohydrates 7.7g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g
- Sugars 3.5g
- Protein 33.1g