These super easy grain free tortillas are an excellent substitute to starchy flour or corn based versions you find in the grocery store. They’re easy to prepare as well, and if you didn't know better, you’d swear they were the real thing!
Write a review
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 2 Tbs water
- Put the tapioca, almond flour, and coconut oil in a bowl. Using your fingers, massage the coconut oil into the flour until you have a grainy, mealy mixture.
- Add the water and mix until you have a firm dough. Wrap in plastic and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 6-8 pieces. Using additional tapioca if necessary, roll each piece into a thin, even circle.
- Heat a cast iron skillet until very hot. Cook each tortilla on both sides until browned and cooked through. Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Information per serving
- Serves 8
- Calories 127
- Total Fat 12.8g
- Total Carbohydrates 2.5g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 2.5g