Slow Cooker Lamb Coconut Curry
Tender chunks of lamb are simmered in a delicious slow cooked curry sauce with vegetables for a flavorful and comforting meal. Serve this with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a full meal.
Write a review
10 hr 20 min
10 hr 20 min
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound boneless lamb loin, cubed
- 1 13.5-oz can of coconut milk
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, for serving, optional
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, pepper, carrot, and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker pot.
- Add the lamb to the slow cooker pot, and pour the chicken broth and tomato sauce over top. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, until lamb is tender.
- Pour in coconut milk and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Before serving, add the lime juice.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles and sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 496
- Total Fat 36.0g
- Total Carbohydrates 13.9g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g
- Sugars 8.4g
- Protein 31.9g