I hope you have lovely relaxing and fun things planned for the weekend!. I wanted to give you a quick weekend recipe before I escape internet land for the next few days.
Oh, and before I forget, in case you haven’t heard about it, the Paleo Parents are having a pretty wild sale on a bunch of Paleo resources, including tons of recipe books! It only lasts until Monday…
Ok, so this recipe is from my new cookbook, Paleo Comfort, which you can check out here. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- First make the compote by putting the berries and lemon juice in a saucepan with about a half cup of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a medium simmer. Simmer while you make the pancakes.
- Put the bananas and eggs into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the almond flour and blend until just blended.
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottomed skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet to form 2-3 inch pancakes. Cook until puffed up, flip and continue cooking until done.
- To serve, spoon the berries over the pancakes.
- Serves 2
- Calories 239
- Total Fat 11.8g
- Total Carbohydrates 29.9g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g
- Sugars 18.3g
- Protein 7.2g