Maple and Spice Applesauce
Once you taste the difference between homemade and store-bought applesauce, you’ll never go back to the jarred stuff again. This version is so simple, and best of all, you know exactly what’s in it, making it much more nutritionally sound.
Write a review
- 2 pounds apples, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Put the apples in a large saucepan with the spices.
- Cover about halfway with water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until apples are completely broken down and soft.
- Stir in the maple syrup and add a pinch of salt.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Serves 6
- Calories 172
- Total Fat 0.5g
- Total Carbohydrates 45.1g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g
- Sugars 35.4g
- Protein 0.6g