Prep time: 40 minutes
I know that snack foods can be a real issue when you’re trying to do Paleo, Primal, low carb or similar ways of eating. These little nuggets of goodness have only 9 grams of carbs in them, and they’re really satisfying.
To make these Cocoa Banana Bites, semi-frozen bananas are blended with a bit of honey and cocoa powder and then spread on a pecan crust. When cut into bite-sized servings, they are the perfect healthy treat. Enjoy!
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup pecans (any kind of nut will do, though)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs raw honey
- Fresh berries for garnish if desired
1. Peel the bananas, slice them into 1/2 inch pieces and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Freeze for 25-30 minutes until bananas are firm but not frozen solid.
2. While bananas are in the freezer, put the pecans and coconut oil in a food processor and pulse until nuts are moist and finely chopped; don’t over process. Press the mixture into an 8″-ish square baking dish.
3. Rinse and dry the food processor and add the semi-frozen bananas, cocoa, vanilla, and honey. Purée until thick and airy. Spread the mixture over the crust. Freeze for 10 minutes; cut into bite sized cubes and serve. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for best results.
Total Fat 13.6g
Total Carbohydrates 8.8g
Dietary Fiber 2.7g
Want More Recipes?
You’re in luck because my friend Suz Crawt is offering 15 recipe books for less than $1 each until April 12th, 2015. It’s called the Unconventional Weight Loss Bundle, and it has a lot more than just recipe books in it. It also offers books and programs on the following:
- fermenting your own foods
- how to save money on food
- fitness programs
- how to become keto-adapted
- how to stop “people pleasing” so you can finally take care of YOU
- healing Hashimoto’s
- meal plans
- and a lot more..
The 45 products in it are dedicated to helping you lose weight and be happier and healthier, and I’m PSYCHED she put it together. And at such a low price – it’s only $37, even though the retail price is over $1000. What?! Yep.