Curried Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Tender chicken breast simmered in a curry sauce are perfect stuffed into baked sweet potatoes. It’s a delicious combination of sweet, spicy, and savory, and makes an easy weeknight meal. If you don’t want to take the time to bake the sweet potatoes in the oven, you can just pop them in the microwave, where they’ll take a fraction of the time to cook.
Write a review
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 28-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, put the tomato puree, spices, garlic, ginger, and chicken breasts in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and add the coconut milk and lime juice. Simmer until sauce is thickened, and potatoes are done baking.
- When potatoes are done, split with a knife and spoon the chicken mixture into each potato. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Nutritional Info (Per Serving)
- Calories 511
- Total Fat 27.8g
- Total Carbohydrates 37.9g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1g
- Sugars 10.9g
- Protein 32.2g