There’s nothing more decadent than chocolate turtles, but they are definitely less than good for you nutritionally. This version is made with a few easy ingredients that are healthy, tasty, and guilt free.
Write a review
- 1 cup dairy free, high quality chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl with half the coconut oil and microwave until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Put the dates in a food processor with the remaining oil and process until completely smooth. Add this to the chocolate mixture.
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and sprinkle pecans in each.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the pecans and freeze until firm.
- Store in the freezer.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories 166
- Total Fat 11.6g
- Total Carbohydrates 14.8g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g
- Sugars 12.8g
- Protein 1.5g