Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery, carrot, and bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for about a minute and add the broth and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil and add the chicken breasts to the pot.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the soup until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Add it back to the pot, and heat through.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Serves 4
- Calories 345
- Total Fat 17.2g
- Total Carbohydrates 7.2g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g