Sometimes I get tired of the same old breakfast – eggs and bacon. Sometimes I want something bready for breakfast, like I used to eat. Since I can’t eat grains or dairy, I’ll sometimes make these Paleo Bacon & Chive Scones and slather some coconut oil on ’em. If I make a big batch, they store well in the fridge or freezer so I don’t have to make breakfast or snacks for myself for a while.
I know that baked goods can be sort of a gateway to overeating, even if they’re savory baked goods like these . They might even cause you to binge, or give you a good medium for stress-eating. It used to be dangerous for me to bake because I knew I’d just eat the whole batch (or close to it) in one sitting.
If you have a similar problem with sweets or baked goods – or whatever – I want to help you! I kicked my old habits of stress-eating, bingeing, and I even got rid of my intense sugar cravings by changing what I ate subtly, and by changing my attitude and behaviors around food.
- I lost the last 5-7 pounds I’d been struggling with
- I’m more at peace around food
- I only eat when I’m hungry
- I don’t have anymore guilt about eating
I’d love to help you do the same!
I’m hosting an online event on June 2nd and 4th, where I’ll tell you exactly how to stop bingeing, stress-eating, and how to cut the sugar cravings down to a minimum. You’ll also have an opportunity to share your own struggles and get advice from me and the rest of the group on the calls.
Alright, back to the recipe!
Paleo Bacon & Chive Scones
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbs finely chopped chives
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, chives, and cooked bacon in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the egg with the coconut milk and add it to the ingredients. Mix until you have a dough.
- Form the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into squares or triangles and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until tops are browned and scones are firm.
- Calories 295
- Total Fat 23.6g
- Total Carbohydrates 10.0g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g
- Sugars 1.9g
- Protein 13.1g